[lug] CD drives

Chris Riddoch socket at peakpeak.com
Fri Jul 13 16:07:04 MDT 2001

"Dhruva B. Reddy" <sledgehammer2010 at yahoo.com> writes:

> Define affordable.  You can get a DVD player for $50.  If I remember
> correctly, you can get a CD drive for $30-40.

Hmmm. Both will hopefully be in my price range in a couple
weeks. (Right now, I'm trying to keep food and rent in my budget,
though)

I didn't realize DVD drives were so cheap now.  The only thing is, my
TV is still bigger than my computer screen, and I'd rather sit on the
couch to watch a movie.  Oh, and DVDs are expensive and the MPAA is
evil, and DVDs are even expensive to rent.

Thanks for the instant responses, to both those who replied on and off
the list.

--
Chris Riddoch         |  epistemological
socket at peakpeak.com   |  humility