[lug] RH, syslinux, iso config

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Fri Jul 13 23:20:48 MDT 2001

I am running into a question about the mechanics of CD booting.
Especially non-emulation mode, should that apply, but probably is
irrelevant here. There is a specification for a boot catalog. This is
supplied as a fixed file in the isolinux and syslinux packages. It is
not created by the end user of the product. How is the catalog created
originally? Conceptually, what is its job? Is there a time, when
modifying a boot cd, that the boot catalog (boot.cat for RH) would also
have to be modified from its original content?

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com