[lug] Dual mice under X?

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Sat Jul 14 08:39:57 MDT 2001

John Karns wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Bonnell, Doug said:
>
> > OK, got it working!
> >
> > For the record, I'm running RedHat 7.1
> >
> > I added John Karns' changes and things are working nicely.
> > The only "wart" so far is the need to restart X if the USB
> > mouse is plugged in after X as started. If the USB mouse is
> > plugged in as X boots, then the mouse can be disconnecte and
> > reconnected without having to reboot X.
>
> Ditto here.  Also on this Inspiron, the suspend fxn seems to work (more or
> less - no ethernet [eepro100] after wake-up) IF I suspend while in X.
> However, if I suspend while in console mode, the console is frozen upon
> wake-up, and I'm unable to switch to X or other VC's.  But I am able to
> use the sysreq method to flush disk buffers, unmount and reboot.

It probably isn't much consolation, but the kernel devel list recently
had some similar reports for the ethernet card in question, so it'll
probably get fixed. The pci scan of the device looked like it had
corrupted upon resume...some of the device information (critical info)
had changed upon wake-up.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com