[lug] firewall help

Taz feenix at ticnet.com
Sat Jul 14 15:40:37 MDT 2001

Hi all:

I am trying to get my firewall set up.  I'm using Mandrake 8.0 (final)
with ipchains; I havne't figured out iptables yet.  Using pmfirewall,
I have set up several rules.  However, for work I need to open up port
500 for secure connections.  Here is the lines in my
pmfirewall.rules.local file:

$IPCHAINS -A input -p tcp -s $REMOTENET -d $REMOTENET 500 -i $OUTERIF -j
ACCEPT -l
$IPCHAINS -A input -p udp -s $REMOTENET -d $REMOTENET 500 -i $OUTERIF -j
ACCEPT -l

When I scan myself using nmap it keeps showing the port as being
closed.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Jeff