[lug] boot parameters

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Mon Jul 16 03:12:58 MDT 2001

I have been looking around the kernel source Documentation files, and
have not found if there is a means to extend the "root=" option.
Basically, it is easy to specify "root=/dev/hda", or anything vaguely
similar. What I'm wondering is if there is a way to also specify, on the
command line (before fstab is ever read), the filesystem type of the
root device? E.G., I'd like to specify the cd rom and iso9660, or maybe
the hard drive and ext2. Does anyone know if there is a standard way to
do this?

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com