[lug] Beginning Python

Dhruva B. Reddy sledgehammer2010 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 16 10:26:21 MDT 2001

I liked O'Reilly's Python tutorial for an introduction, although I don't think
they've put anything out since Python 1.5.2.

If you go to the documenttation section of the Python website (www.python.org),
you will find a nice tutorial.

Once you've gotten your feet wet, I recommend:

Python Essential Reference, by David M. Beazely, New Riders
ISBN:  0 - 7357 - 1091 - 0

This is, of course, more of a reference.  I found it indispensable for working
with Python 2.1 after not working with Python in quite some time, and that was
1.5.2.

Dhruva