[lug] Beginning Python

DeVerter at robinsonmechanical.com DeVerter at robinsonmechanical.com
Mon Jul 16 10:38:56 MDT 2001

As a new learner of Python as well I have found these resources to be very
beneficial to my learning.

1.  python.org (http://www.python.org) for general information
2.  the python tutorial on python.org
(http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/tut.html)
3.  I also went through How to think like a computer scientist (python
style) (http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/chap01.html)
4.  Now I am learning from O'Reilly's 'Programming Python', second edition
for Python 2.1.  I like that it is not a beginners book.  Mark Lutz assumes
you know some basics of Python and jumps you into project style development
without messing around with 'Hello World' (you'll do that above).

Mark d.

                    Ken Weinert
                    <kenw at ihs.com>           To:     BLUG <lug at lug.boulder.co.us>
                    Sent by:                 cc:
                    lug-admin at lug.bou        Subject:     [lug] Beginning Python
                    lder.co.us

                    07/16/01 10:11 AM
                    Please respond to
                    lug

Anyone with any recommendations for reading material/web sites for
someone who is thinking about taking the plunge into python?

Thanks.

--
Ken Weinert   kenw at ihs.com 303-858-6956 (V) 303-705-4258 (F)
GnuPG KeyID: 9274F1CE           GnuPG available at http://www.gnupg.org/