[lug] fetchmail / MDA / MTA help

dan radom dradom at redback.com
Wed Jul 18 19:36:37 MDT 2001

I've been trying to get fetchmail to dump mail directly to my MDA (procmail) bypassing smtp alltogether.  If I run "fetchmail -d90 -m "/usr/local/bin/procmail username" everything works fine.  I would like to use the mda option in ~/.fetchmailrc, but have been unsuccessful.  I've seen a few examples in my googling today, but none of them seem to work.  I've tried the following...

mda "/usr/local/bin/procmail /path/to/procmail_recipies"
mda "/usr/local/bin/procmail -d %T"

and a few others.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I'd prefer not to run a smtpd on hosts that don't really receive mail.

Dan