[lug] Disk Quotas

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Jul 18 18:56:59 MDT 2001

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 05:18:57PM -0000, Greg Horne wrote:
>disk quotas for my users.  I currently have a partition for /, and /boot.  I

What have you done so far to try to get it working?  Have you run
"quotacheck" on the root partition to enable quotas?  Are you running a
custom kernel that might have quotas disabled?

When they say "50000" for the limit, that's 50,000 *BLOCKS*.  In general on
Linux, blocks are 1KB, so 50,000 would be 50MB.  Many other Unix systems
use 512-byte blocks, so there it would be 25MB.  The inode quota is the
number of files the user can create.

Sean
--
 I think you are blind to the fact that the hand you hold
 is the hand that holds you down.  -- Everclear