[lug] need init parameter

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu Jul 19 21:51:55 MDT 2001

I'm trying to find out if there is a way, during boot, at the boot
prompt when it is possible to specify kernel and other parameters, the
following...
...I am able to specify the root partition, and tons of kernel
parameters, but I must find a way to *also* specify root filesystem
*type*. Yup, I got it working on my rescue, to a point, but it is only
able to find and mount a root system that is ext2. I really need to
specify, depending on circumstances, a root system of type xfs or
iso9660. It reminds me of a fingernail scraping across a chalk board...I
can tell it almost anything, but it demands ext2. Is this even possible
to specify an initial root filesystem of type that is not ext2?

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com