[lug] Boulder Linux Users Group - July 12, 2001 Meeting Summary

J. Wayde Allen wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov
Fri Jul 20 10:56:25 MDT 2001

              Boulder Linux User's Group Meeting Summary

Attendance:   20

Synopsis:  This meeting was held outside in Martin park, and for a while
we weren't sure if anyone was going to show up.  At 5:00 p.m. the sky was
pretty grey, and by about 6:00 p.m. it has started to really rain.
Nevertheless, a few hardy souls did meet and have a picnic dinner in the
park shelter.

At about 6:45 p.m. the rain finally subsided, and people started
arriving.  We setup the white board, and Ken Weinert gave his presentation:
"Virtual Users get Virtual File systems (a solution in search of a
problem)".  Since our featured speaker didn't show up, Ken got to have as
much time as he wanted to talk and answer questions.  After Ken was done,
we opened up the meeting to general questions and had a nice round table
discussion about various aspects running Linux.  As usual we finished
things up with a door prize drawing.  We had lots to give away.

Next Meeting:  August 9, 2001, 7:00 p.m., NIST Auditorium,
               Introduction to Python,
               Sean Reifschneider (jafo at tummy.com)