[lug] It slows down

David Morris lists at morris-clan.net
Fri Jul 20 16:39:02 MDT 2001

When netscape kills my system, it is easy to find:  Just type in:

ps aux | grep netscape

And find out if netscape is using up 95+% of the CPU even though you
are not using it, or if its memory usage is something ungodly like
100 MB (this second is very rare, but can happen too).

Then do a "kill -9 pid" on the pid number obtained from the previous
step.

Using "top" simply automates the process of monitoring CPU usage for
all processes.  Any time I have a problem on my system, I setup top to
run as I work so I can see anything that looks strange in
process-land.

And no, I don't have a particularly high regard for the POS borwser
netscape.  Sad part is that its the best out there, and I have tried
all I can get my hands on.

--David