[lug] Coordination meeting for USA v. Sklyarov

Samartha Deva blug-receive at mtbwr.net
Sat Jul 21 00:39:37 MDT 2001

>Curiously, EFF's homepage, http://www.eff.org/ says the protests
>for Monday are "on Hold" but there are no details.

yeah sure, Adobe makes it a condition to talk to EFF on Monday
if _NO_ protests are held!

This type of stuff (playing games like that) really pisses me off!

If people want to protest - against:

- Dmitri Sklyarov getting arrested
- DMCA
- limitation in freedom of speech
- whatever

They should do so.

The Adobe boys/girls could not handle getting their nose stuck
into the lousy encryption scheme they are charging a lot of money
for. They reacted by needing to ask for having the guy put in jail.

Now it's in the hands of the prosecutor, I would guess, the ghost is
out of the bottle and probably won't go back by Adobe withdrawing
whatever they initiated, if they choose to do so.

That this kind of stuff is happening at all is a reason go to on
the street!

There is a mailing list:

http://zork.net/pipermail/free-sklyarov/2001-July/thread.html

and a web site:

http://www.boycottadobe.org/

and - hopefully - a rally in Denver on Monday:

http://www.boycottadobe.org/pages/rallies.html#Denver

Samartha