[lug] Possible DOS on CIsco 675

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Thu Jul 19 14:20:39 MDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 01:37:42PM -0600, Chip Atkinson wrote:
>This morning my 675 kept going down and would require a power cycle to
>restore it.  A little web search indicated that it's possible to kill

Thanks for the message.  Ours was too.  QWest is reporting a large-scale
ATM cloud outage, but I'm wondering if they are just seeing the effects of
a massive DOS against Cisco users...  I thought I had disabled the web
interface long ago along with the telnet interface, but apparently I either
forgot or did it on another router and didn't propogate that change to the
new one when it was replaced...

Sean
--
 No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of
 another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him. -- T.J.