[lug] local network

David dajo at frii.com
Sat Jul 21 14:50:26 MDT 2001

I have network cards and modems in both machines.  I am using the
modem in RH6.2 to talk to you, the other modem is not in use.  The
connection between the machines is a cable plugged into each network
card.  I noticed the absence of eth0 too, but I was not sure if that
matters.  Apparently, from what you write about lo, it does matter.
Does this mean that the hardware is not recognised, or does it mean
that I must start a daemon?  How do I do that, and where is it done
automagically?