[lug] local network

Greg Horne jeerygh at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 23 11:27:11 MDT 2001

That's what I was going to mention.  A crossover cable is a network cable
where wire number 4 and 5 are swapped, which is what a hub sort of does.
Stupid diagram of crossover cable:
| | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

1 2 3 5 4 6 7 8
You can make one yourself, or buy one.  I find it cheaper to just make one
:)

Remember: use the program netconf usually in /sbin/ to add an network
adapter.

Greg Horne