[lug] C++, MySQL, PostgreSql, RH 7.1

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Mon Jul 23 13:55:19 MDT 2001

Jeffrey Siegal wrote:

> "D. Stimits" wrote:
> > Has anyone here ever heard of a C++ api
> > for PostgreSql? Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?libpqplusplus.html

I used rpm from my original RH 7.1 install, and have quite a few
postgres packages:
postgresql-7.0.3-8
postgresql-devel-7.0.3-8
postgresql-jdbc-7.0.3-8
postgresql-odbc-7.0.3-8
postgresql-perl-7.0.3-8
postgresql-python-7.0.3-8
postgresql-server-7.0.3-8
postgresql-tcl-7.0.3-8
postgresql-tk-7.0.3-8

I do not have the libpg++ anywhere, and assume it is part of some other
package. But so far, rpmfind and filewatcher.org do not find this
anywhere. Do you happen to know where to get the libpg++? If you have it
via rpm, could you run rpm -q -v --whatprovides
/lib/whereever/libpg++Whatever? I'm also looking at:
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/ftpsite/

There does not seem to be any sort of devel package or other separate
package for libpg++. A search for libpg++ on the postgresql.org site
also seems to turn up nothing. I am beginning to think that the only way
to get this will be to download the 8 MB tarball and reinstall from
that. Any suggestions as to where the actual libpg++ package is at would
be welcome. Despite the documentation, I've been unable to find any
evidence that the actual lib exists.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com