[lug] Linux laptop projector woes

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Tue Jul 24 09:07:05 MDT 2001

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Glenn Murray wrote:

> There doesn't seem to be a HOWTO about this.

Hmmm ... that is a really good point.  Might be good to get someone to
work on this.  Not to be pushy, but are yous sufficiently interested to
put together a first cut?

Then again I've only seen failures like what you are talking about rarely.
My old laptop (Toshiba I believe) used to fail sometimes when trying to
drive a projector.  It would work in my office, but not in the auditorium.
Must have been the difference in computational dynamics between the two
spaces <wink>.  I think it was Bob Collin's laptop we crashed one night
requiring a system reboot.  Never did figure out exactly what caused these
failures.  So I guess we've had roughly three to five such failures over
the past seven years.

The good news is that we've had much fewer problems with the newer crop of
video projectors.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)