[lug] In need of highspeed internet

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Jul 24 14:10:44 MDT 2001

To see what the CO is that services your area for DSL, use the tools at
www.dslreports.com -- there's also an abundance of user reviews of
almost every DSL ISP in existence there... should work well.

You can also check for Cable Modem service if you're interested in that
through AT&T Broadband's web pages.  A friend near Sheridan and 96th has
not only cable modem service but is in the service area where AT&T
Broadband provides his phone service (local dial tone) via his cable box
as well... he's finding that it's had a few problems but is generally
cheaper and almost as reliable as POTS.

There's been a bunch of discussions about this in different areas before
on the LUG mailing list -- check the archives.  Sprint Broadband
wireless service is another option available in Denver if you have
direct line-of-sight from your roof to Eldorado Mtn southwest of Boulder
and you have no restrictive covenants prohibiting the placement of the
antenna.  (Of course, as a ham radio operator I LOVE it when people all
over the neighborhood break their covenants and set a precendent that I
can put up MY antennas too!  hahah... but I am moving where there's no
covenants for that very reason.)

Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>