[lug] HP Web JetAdmin & Debian & FPM packages...

Samartha Deva blug-receive at mtbwr.net
Tue Jul 24 18:42:34 MDT 2001

I tried something like that with SuSE. I got it to install eventually but
it crashed or was not functional. The screens would come up but one could
not enter data (or something to that extent). Then I talked to HP support
and they told me: ony RedHat is supported, other distribution won't work.

Apparently they are doing something in their software which only RedHat can
provide. It sure blew my mind. Kernel version was the same.

One would think they'd know Unix and could do better.

I installed JetAdmin on a W98 laptop and installed/configured the printer
from there.

This was about a year ago. Maybe it has changed by now and wish you it does.

Samartha