[lug] Windows *SHUTTER* Shares

Chip Atkinson catkinson at circadence.com
Wed Jul 25 10:41:04 MDT 2001

I thought samba was for connecting to Linux boxes from Windows boxes,
not the other way around.

My mandrake 8.0 box connects easily to my W2K box using smbmount or
mount -t smbfs.  Here is an entry from /etc/fstab for mounting my mp3
directory on the W2K box:

//catkinson/napster /mnt/mp3s smbfs
username=catkinson,uid=242,gid=100,workgroup=CSBU,noauto 0 0

This is all one line.  Sorry about the wrap.  When I issue the mount
command as root, I'm prompted for the w2k password for catkinson.  It is
mounted as being owned by chip (user ID 242):

  ls -ld /mnt/mp3s
drwxr-xr-x    1 chip     users         512 Jul 19 16:59 /mnt/mp3s/

Chip