[lug] Linux laptop projector woes

Glenn Murray gmurray at Mines.EDU
Wed Jul 25 16:40:21 MDT 2001

I sympathize with problem solvers trying to solve problems with scanty
information (being one myself) and I really do appreciate those making
suggestions---Thank you!---I hope I do not sound ungrateful.  However
the idea of a particular fix to this particular problem makes my eyes
glaze over.  I'm only interested in finding out some general
principles for this problem.  Blame it on my
mathematical/pedagogical/OOP background, I guess.

For those dying to know, though, the recalcitrant laptop was a Fujitsu
LifeBook 985Tx.  I don't know what kind of projector it did not work
with nor is it available to me now.

Next time I have a specific laptop, specific projector, and specific
presentation all known to me and available for experimentation in
advance I'll be as forthcoming as you could wish.

Maybe I'll go back to chalk!

Thanks again to all who responded,
Glenn Murray
www.mines.edu/~glenn/public_html/Welcome.html