[lug] glsetup Linux worm?

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Thu Jul 26 05:26:06 MDT 2001

I am resending my outgoing mail of the last few days, as it appears that
it has not been getting through.  Apologies for any dupes.

In a msg thread I just received from a non-technical mail list, someone
said:

By the way, UNIX systems are not immune to this kind of hackery;  the
recent foray of such programs included a particularly virulent one
(glsetup) that infected thousands of LINUX systems.

A quick search on the net doesn't yield any info on glsetup other than a
commercial product to detect and setup 3D graphics card drivers for
OpenGL.  I find it a litlle bit strange that I hadn't read of it in the 5
or 6 years that I've been involved with Linux.  Anybody care to comment?

John Karns                                        jkarns at csd.net