[lug] Windows *SHUTTER* Shares

Chip Atkinson catkinson at circadence.com
Thu Jul 26 09:15:27 MDT 2001

I believe that I allow access to all people on that drive.  As you
probably saw, it's an mp3 directory, so I don't really care if the
entire world can mount it.  I have found that at least on our setup, the
work group was very important for connecting and if I didn't have it, I
couldn't connect.  I don't like plain text passwords which is why I opt
to type it in each time from the command line.

I don't think I've had much if any luck with smbclient myself and have
basically given up using it, especially since the functionality it was
providing is not what I wanted and smbmount/mount -t smbfs is what I need.

Chip