[lug] Can a Hub go bad?

Tim Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sat Jul 28 12:10:15 MDT 2001

Well,

I have two networks, one with publice IPs, and one with private
IPs.  I switched the hubs on the 2 nets.  Guess what?  The
problem followed the 3Com.  On the private net, I also get a
packet storm, with the 3Com running things.  Ifconfig -a does
show lots of errors.  Looks like my hub has gone bad.  I have
ordered  D-Link switch as a replacement.

Go figure.

Thanks for the help,

Tim