[lug] gnome-terminal preference save

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Sun Jul 29 10:37:15 MDT 2001

On my old RH 6.2 box, I could save my gnome terminal preferences, after
changing the scrollback size (typically from the default 100 to 1000).
I've tried several things, but cannot seem to get it to remain between
sessions, or even to apply to new gnome-terminal's based on the icon I
have for it. Since "gnome-terminal --help" does not show any scrollback
options on the command line, it seems that saving preferences is the
only means this can be done. Does anyone here with a RH 7.x machine
using gnome have a way to set the default scrollback size of a
gnome-terminal so that all new gnome-terminals will have a larger
scrollback limit?

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com