[lug] RH 7.1

Chad Wasinger cswasinger at qwest.net
Sun Jul 29 12:07:19 MDT 2001

I installed RH 7.1 on a compaq presario 3550, during the install xwindows
ran fine and I got the GUI walk through of the install. After install it
boots to Linux and comes up to Linux Login:(not xwindows) but my video
flashes on and off 5 to 10 times and it will not take keyboard inputs during
the flashes, then it stops and I can type for about 5-10 seconds then it
starts to flash again.
I also got logged in in between the flashing and ran startx but it fails to
start.

Anyone have any idea? Video problem, I have a ATI rage 128 card, I can't
seem to get to a mode where it would be easy to switch drivers.

Thanks in advance for any advise!