[lug] mac clients for a samba server?

Dave Treece davet at frii.com
Sun Jul 29 18:52:14 MDT 2001

I have used netatalk with good success, you should check out: http://www.anders.com/projects/netatalk/ for more information.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Malcolm Carlson
  To: lug at lug.boulder.co.us
  Sent: Monday, January 06, 1997 2:30 AM
  Subject: [lug] mac clients for a samba server?

  I have been searching for more info on how to do this but haven't really found anything.  I have a network of 3 windows machines on one subnet, 1 windows machine and 1 mac with 1 more mac coming on another subnet.  I'm currently running Win2000 Server to handle file sharing for all clients in both subnets.  I want to move the server to Linux running as a file server, proxy server, for both subnets.  Is there a way to allow a mac to have access to a windows share on a samba server?  I want the linux server to act as a router as well to segment the network.  It will have 2 nics with an ip address for both subnets.  Does this make sense?