[lug] sendmail hell

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Jul 30 00:50:21 MDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 10:13:26PM -0600, proterin at home.com wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 07:06:28AM -0500, John Karns wrote:
>> and qmail is not an option as it requires DNS and I don't feel a
>> need to run it as yet.
>
>While qmail does do DNS lookups, it will happily use the one you use
>when you're dialed in.  There's no need to run DNS locally.

FYI: If you just want to relay all outgoing mail to your ISP's mail
server to handle, you can set it's IP address up in the "smtproutes"
control file as a wild-card and qmail won't do any DNS lookups on sends.

Sean
--
 I think you are blind to the fact that the hand you hold
 is the hand that holds you down.  -- Everclear