[lug] gnome-terminal preference save

B. O'Fallon bof at americanisp.net
Mon Jul 30 08:06:37 MDT 2001

"D. Stimits" wrote:

> Does anyone here with a RH 7.x machine using gnome have a way to set the default scrollback size of a
> gnome-terminal so that all new gnome-terminals will have a larger
> scrollback limit?

On my KRUD 7.1 system running KDE but using gnome-terminal, I used the
menu bar choice "Settings -> Preferences -> Scrolling" and the selection
there to set it to 150. To keep the choices between sessions, I used the
"Save Settings" choice on the drop-down menu which appears when you
left-click on the little icon at the extreme left of the title bar. It
works for the current session, applies to other terminals open on the
other desktops, and remains between sessions.

Perhaps this will work for you as well.

BOF