[lug] sendmail hell

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Jul 30 21:58:30 MDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 03:04:23PM -0500, John Karns wrote:
>> While qmail does do DNS lookups, it will happily use the one you use
>> when you're dialed in.  There's no need to run DNS locally.
>
>That's interesting.  It would have been nice if the qmail doc's had
>pointed this out though.  If it does, I missed it.

That's not a qmail thing, it's a resolver thing.  Qmail uses the resolver
to do lookups, so if you set up your /etc/resolv.conf to use your ISPs DNS
server when you dial in, qmail will use it as well.

Sean
--
 I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas.  I'm frightened
 of the old ones.  -- John Cage