[lug] Interesting Access Message

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Tue Jul 31 11:41:05 MDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 05:38:50PM +0000, Greg Horne wrote:
> Damn the crackers!  It appears as if "he" is trying to ping himself eh?  Was
> there a patch released for the unicode bug?

Yes, if "he" refers to Greg's web server.

A patch was released long ago - but some folks are lax about applying them (as evidenced by the windowsupdate.microsoft.com servers which were infected by "Code Red" recently).

FWIW, if you see any web log references to "/NULL.printer", that's another attack on IIS (I've seen 5 in the last two weeks).

Calvin

--
Calvin Dodge
Certified Linux Bigot (tm)