[lug] cp and rm

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Tue Jul 31 19:04:44 MDT 2001

Redhat aliases cp,mv,rm to their -i version to protect users from
themselves.  I took them out long ago so I don't remember where they were
set initially.  But I would go through /etc/profile /etc/bashrc ~/.bashrc
~/.bash_profile and remove the offending lines if present.

I would also then go to /etc/skel and remove them if you don't want new
users to deal with this as well.

With 2.4 you can mount a partition in multiple places, so no more
complaints about already being mounted.

Hugh

"David"