[lug] Switch from Gnome to KDE?

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed Aug 1 15:19:15 MDT 2001

Ferdinand Schmid wrote:

> Isn't there switchdesk on RedHat?  It can do this trick for you if you
> have both, KDE and Gnome installed.  (Just type switchdesk in a shell.)

You can easily choose between KDE and Gnome at the graphics mode login
(meaning started with gdm or kdm), but my comments were directed to the
fact that the X11 was completely dead, going through the flashing of
attempting to start, failing, and trying again, till it decides it has
to give up for a few seconds. X11 has to run before you can use KDE or
Gnome :P

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com