[lug] Pointer goes nuts

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Wed Aug 1 19:54:13 MDT 2001

"D. Stimits" wrote:

> David wrote:
> >
> >    My next guess is then either the connector isn't in solidly, or IMPS/2
> >    is not compatible with the mouse. Does it jump around as just PS/2 (or
> >    the MouseManPlusPS/2 I see commented out)?
> > No jumping around at all, nice and smooth.  The mouse is a Logitech, I
> > bought it a week ago.
> >
> > dajo
>
> So then I gather that X11 works. FYI, I have tried my logitech wheel
> only as PS/2 or IMPS/2. Both work fine. But with IMPS/2, I was never
> able to configure the wheel to actually work right in Netscape/Gnome, it
> was acting like a button click each scroll tick.
<snip>
I don't think the mouse is the problem.  I am running a Logitech optical
mouse here in USB mode on my desktop and the wheel works just fine.  On
my laptop the same mouse works just fine through a PS2 interface.  FYI -
I am using a happy hacking keyboard here with the mouse connected to a
little USB HUB in the keyboard.  Very sweet!
If you adjust the path to your XF86Config to where it is on your RedHat
system then this link may help:
http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/mlasars-mbanse_usbmouse.html

More info can be found at:
http://www-sop.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/