[lug] Pointer goes nuts

David dajo at frii.com
Thu Aug 2 09:29:01 MDT 2001

>> > So then I gather that X11 works. FYI, I have tried my logitech wheel
>> > only as PS/2 or IMPS/2. Both work fine. But with IMPS/2, I was never
>> > able to configure the wheel to actually work right in Netscape/Gnome, it
>> > was acting like a button click each scroll tick.
>> <snip>
>> I don't think the mouse is the problem.  I am running a Logitech optical
>> mouse here in USB mode on my desktop and the wheel works just fine.  On
>> my laptop the same mouse works just fine through a PS2 interface.  FYI -
>> I am using a happy hacking keyboard here with the mouse connected to a
>> little USB HUB in the keyboard.  Very sweet!
>> If you adjust the path to your XF86Config to where it is on your RedHat
>> system then this link may help:
>> http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/mlasars-mbanse_usbmouse.html
>>
>> More info can be found at:
>> http://www-sop.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/
>>
>> Good Luck,
>> Ferdinand

I have wiggled the connector - it seems to be ok.  I have re-booted
this morning.  xev shows buttons 1, 2, and 3, but no 4 nor 5.  Any
other ideas?

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol        "IMPS/2"
#    Protocol        "MouseManPlusPS/2"
    Device          "/dev/mouse"
    Resolution      100
    Buttons         5
    ZAxisMapping    4 5

# When using XQUEUE, comment out the above two lines, and uncomment
# the following line.

#    Protocol	"Xqueue"

# Baudrate and SampleRate are only for some Logitech mice

#    BaudRate	9600
#    SampleRate	150

# Emulate3Buttons is an option for 2-button Microsoft mice
# Emulate3Timeout is the timeout in milliseconds (default is 50ms)

#    Emulate3Buttons
#    Emulate3Timeout    50

# ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice

#    ChordMiddle

EndSection