[lug] Pointer goes nuts

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Thu Aug 2 14:04:10 MDT 2001

David wrote:
<snip>
> I have wiggled the connector - it seems to be ok.  I have re-booted
> this morning.  xev shows buttons 1, 2, and 3, but no 4 nor 5.  Any
> other ideas?
>
> Section "Pointer"
>     Protocol        "IMPS/2"
> #    Protocol        "MouseManPlusPS/2"
>     Device          "/dev/mouse"
>     Resolution      100
>     Buttons         5
>     ZAxisMapping    4 5
>
> # When using XQUEUE, comment out the above two lines, and uncomment
> # the following line.
>
> #    Protocol   "Xqueue"
>
> # Baudrate and SampleRate are only for some Logitech mice
>
> #    BaudRate   9600
> #    SampleRate 150
>
> # Emulate3Buttons is an option for 2-button Microsoft mice
> # Emulate3Timeout is the timeout in milliseconds (default is 50ms)
>
> #    Emulate3Buttons
> #    Emulate3Timeout    50
>
> # ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice
>
> #    ChordMiddle
>
> EndSection
<snip>
Sorry that I didn't pay much attention to this thread earlier.  I
thought Dan would find the answer to your question quickly.  He seems to
know RedHat systems pretty well.
- What version of X are you running?  3.x.x or 4.0x?
  Make sure you modify the correct XF86Config
- Did you try to follow the SuSE support bulletin all the way to the
end?
  There is mention of an imwheel package that needs to be installed
  and started on your system for the wheel to work.

I tried this last night and had a USB wheel mouse installed on my laptop
in 2 minutes.

Ferdinand

--
Ferdinand Schmid