[lug] Code Red woes again.... 675 upgrade became necessary

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Aug 2 15:27:05 MDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 11:32:18AM -0600, Ferdinand Schmid wrote:
>You can't fully turn the web interface off.  You can disable it - and
>then it doesn't let you administer the router through the web

You can use the following commands:

   set web disabled
   set web port 27384
   write
   reboot

to disable the web interface, and then move it to a non-standard port.  The
"disabled" will take effect immediately, but the port change won't happen
until you do a reboot.  You may wish to use another port than the one I
mention above, I do.

Note that Qwest.net is having problems with some IPs today, they aren't
able to reach the outside world.  Also note that I think they've been
having ATM problems recently -- yesterday I got reports of two other users
who use different ISPs having to reboot their router at the same time ours
was rebooted.  Yesterday was a bad day for router reboots, ours rebooted 4
times (which is very unusual).

If what's on your DSL line is important to you to have up all the time,
even when you aren't there, you probably should hire us to set it a system
I developed to automatically reboot the router when the net connection
freaks out.  :-)

Sean
--
 The only people who have anything to fear from free software
 are those whose products are worth even less.  -- David Emery