[lug] web access/traffic logging

celttechie celttechie at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 18:40:30 MDT 2001

Hello all.

I have a web server behind a proxying firewall.  This
causes all of the web logs to display the firewall's
internal ip address for all incoming traffic.  My boss
wants a better idea of how our web site is being used
and the proprietary firewall's reporting capabilities
are laughable.

I already have a box running snort and acid that
monitors all activity outside the firewall.  Does
anyone know of a tool that would help me generate
reports about the use of our website from the traffic
outside the firewall?  Any other ideas?

TIA,
Brian