[lug] Beginner Question

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Fri Aug 3 14:01:44 MDT 2001

Our network lab is a good example of a place where telnetd makes perfect sense.  We can telnet from UNIX boxen to network devices, and vice versa, on an isolated, trusted network.  Many people.  No lead walls.  ;)

-John

"Riggs, Rob" wrote:

> I whole-heartedly agree with Sean on this. There are very few good excuses
> these days to have telnetd installed on any machine. And I can't think of
> any way to use telnetd securely, except for maybe one person on private
> network in a lead-lined building.

  - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
 |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |
 |  Mailstop R/OM12. 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305  |