[lug] Network Audit

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Fri Aug 3 15:17:48 MDT 2001

Try nmap.  It does some pretty slick OS fingerprinting stuff.  I don't know about the MAC addresses, but once it's done, you can run 'arp -a' and get those, too.

http://www.nmap.org

Shannon Johnston wrote:

> Hello All!
> Does anybody know of a program that will give me information about the
> local network. I.E.- it will scan the network, tell me IP addresses that
> are in use, MAC addresses associated with those IP's, and Operating
> systems, if possible.
> I've got devices on my network from a long time ago that don't match any
> of my written info.
>
> Any clues?
>
> Shannon

  - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
 |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |
 |  Mailstop R/OM12. 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305  |