[lug] Qwest DSL and Microsoft

Tim Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sat Aug 4 00:46:09 MDT 2001

Paul,

I would say absolutely.  I doubt there will be any plans to
transition Linux, or even Unix users.  I  found that contract to
be a bummer.

That's a strong point about DSL, though, the ISP is seperated
from the line provider.  I have Qwest DSL, but I do not have
Qwest.net.  I use a company called Forethought.net.  There are
several other good choices out there, too.

I would not be at all surprised if Linux machines are left out
in the cold by the conversion to MSN.

As an aside, what if a cable broadband company were to do this?
You don't get a choice of ISPs on cable, so if AT&T were to
'transition' their @Home customers to MSN for some reason (which
seems unlikely, but I didn't see the Qwest one coming either),
one might just be out of luck, wouldn't they?

Tim