[lug] Firewall

Chad Wasinger cswasinger at qwest.net
Mon Aug 6 19:52:58 MDT 2001

Ok , this ipchains thing is a black hole. I have a feeling once I get past
the initial understanding it will be easy but it just doesn't seem to follow
common since. I configure networks all the time and even run a Cisco
Firewall, but these rules don't seem to follow any common network logic. I
am using the KDE firewall Configuration tool and adding rules. I added a
DENY source all to destenation all. That does block all traffic. Now I add
an ACCEPT only from the source IP I want to 0.0.0.0/0 and the port I want
like port 80. and move it to the top. Now that works. So now I am trying to
use FTP only from a certain IP range using the same ACCEPT line, but I try
it from an IP that is not in my source range and I can still get an FTP
login!!

Chad