[lug] WU-FTP?

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Tue Aug 7 08:54:54 MDT 2001

Chad Wasinger wrote:

> I have a new install of RedHat 7.1, I went into /etc/xinet.d/wu-ftp and
> changed disabled to =no so now I can connect to the server via ftp. I cannot
> however transfer files or even do a dir. It gives a 200 PORT command
> successful but then hangs and then says"Connection closed by remote host."
> The logs just show a normal ftp connection open and exit, no errors. Any
> ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chad

Is it perhaps trying to do authentication of the client machine?
I suppose that might include a reverse DNS lookup.  I had problems
at home between my two machines in which it would take minutes for
the connection to go through.  I finally decided it was caused by
a reverse lookup on attempt by the server when I had no dns server
available.

scott