[lug] M$ does it again...down under

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Tue Aug 7 09:34:22 MDT 2001

Agreed, the charity is technically wrong.  However, in situations such as this, I think it behooves Microsoft to turn their heads, because otherwise they risk getting flamed by the press.  They also risk more people turning to Linux and other open source software.  It doesn't take a genius lawyer to realize that they're not getting a dime out of an organization that has no dimes.  Sure, in principle, Microsoft is in the right, but if they're trying to prove a point, they should pick on a less saintly (and more well-funded) organization.  A pat on the back and a lifetime supply of product registration numbers would have been good NO COST PR, as opposed to the bad PR they achieved.

--

  - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
 |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |