[lug] M$ does it again...down under

Dhruva B. Reddy sledgehammer2010 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 12:46:53 MDT 2001

I run Linux/XFree86/StarOffice/icewm on my P266MMX/160MB/4GB laptop.  Everything
runs reasonably well except Mozilla and StarOffice (both are annoyingly slow).
I guess what I'm saying is that I can do it, but I much prefer my Athlon
1.1GHz/1GB/15GB desktop :-)

Slowless aside, the only reason I want to replace this laptop is that it is
currently held together with duct tape--not something I want to take to a
customer site.

To come closer to answering your question, I used to have a P120/32MB/2.1GB
laptop.  StarOffice and Mozilla are still usable, but barely.  I have since
given this machine to my mother for e-mail and web browsing (with Mozilla).  She
hates it.

Dhruva