[lug] Apache start on boot

dan radom dradom at redback.com
Tue Aug 7 13:31:06 MDT 2001

here's the script i use to start apache...

<snip>
#!/bin/sh
# dan at radom.org | modified 01.03.2001
case "$1" in
  start)
 echo -n "starting httpd..."
 /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start
;;

  stop)
 echo -n "stopping httpd..."
 /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl stop
;;

  restart)
 echo -n "stopping httpd..."
        /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl restart
;;

  fullstatus)
 /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl fullstatus
;;

  status)
 /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl status
;;

  graceful)
 /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl graceful
;;

  configtest)
 /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl configtest
;;

  help)
 /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl help
;;

  *)
 echo "*** Usage: httpd {start|stop|restart|fullstatus|status|graceful|configtest|help}"
 exit 1
esac
</snip>

the script is in init.d and symlinked to my runlevel...rc3.d

hope this helps,

dan