[lug] Reverse DNS problems

Justin glow at jackmoves.com
Tue Aug 7 21:48:18 MDT 2001

I am having problems getting my reverse dns to work with a block of ip
address's that I use. They were delegated by an ISP and the forward
lookups are working just fine. The dns server is configured correctly
with a "xxx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa" zone and reverse lookups work fine if
we query that server. But, if we make reverse queries using any other
dns server the ip does not resolve. Is there anything special that
needs to be done in order to get the reverse dns to work correctly? I
know when I had Qwest as an ISP I had to fill out a webform for reverse
dns to work properly, as well as have my own reverse zone. Thanks in
advance for any help.

Justin

-----
glow at jackmoves.com