[lug] M$ does it again...down under

Glenn Murray gmurray at Mines.EDU
Wed Aug 8 11:10:29 MDT 2001

My two cents: I think John is on the right track here, but actually
does not go far enough.  In my point of view:

Technically, the charity is correct.

In principle, Microsoft is wrong.

The suggestion to provide a free alternative is excellent, but as
other posts point out, perhaps unfeasible.

To say Microsofts actions are only "bad PR" is moral cowardice, and to
encourage others to ignore copyright in this case shows moral courage,
though not as much as courage as actually doing it.

I hope I do not offend,
Glenn Murray
www.mines.edu/~glenn/public_html/Welcome.html