[lug] Essential Debian, Was: Linux on older hardware

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Thu Aug 9 00:01:03 MDT 2001

* Bonnell, Doug (DBonnell at co.maxoptix.com) wrote:

> I have a copy of Essential Debian that fits Apache and a nice, console
> only, interface in about 60Mbytes of disk space. No X, no Gnome, etc.

Where did you get this copy of Essential Debian?  I have heard mention of
something similar once, but I was not able to find it.  A quick Google
search didn't much help ( lots of stuff about build essential).  I have been
interested in this for a bit.

Is it a current Debian?  An old Debian?  I have actually been mulling over
making my own.  That, and using 'debootstrap.'

Tim